This school year, 2018/2019, the third subject in external exams for our school is English. We are preparing for this testing event in May 2019 all year, at our regular lessons, practising different skills through guided work and mock tests.
You could experience how the test feels in our first mock external exam. All in all, the external exam (NPZ) for English has the following structure:
If you want to do some extra work, you can also practice with doing the previous exams. They are published online and freely accessible on the web page of the National testing centre (RIC).
One of our school tests spring will be in the form of an external exam. Take some time and prepare!
English Plus 2 revision (except Unit 8)
Your tasks are:
You can choose how to get your next oral mark. There are two options:
A) An oral exam, consisting of:
1) Vocabulary: you have to explain three of the the words that we learned.
2) Description of a person based on a picture.
3) A story in the Past Simple tense: you get a picture story and tell me what happened. You have to
use the Past Simple tense and know how to form the positive, negative and questions.
B) Home reading.
You can choose one of the proposed books, read it and then do the following:
1) Choose 10 new words, write the sentences from the book with this word into your notebook, try to find another English word with the same, similar or opposite meaning and a translation. Here is an example:
landing - to land
OK. Are you ready for landing?
≠ opp.: take off (vzlet)
= pristati, pristanek
You will be asked to tell me three words.
2) Prepare a description of one character. You will tell it to the teacher.
3) Prepare to tell the teacher the story - the book's summary - in English, in the Past Simple tense, using the positive, negative and question forms. Try to talk as freely as if telling the story to a friend.
If you decide to read a book, tell me by 18 May (test date).
Otherwise, I will consider that you want to take the normal oral exam.
The oral exams begin on 23 May 2017.